**Urgent DS160 filling for H4 stamping

Dash_8971

Hello, 

My spouse (H4) planning to visit India and we are filling her DS160.

I came to the US on J1 visa and spouse on J2 visa. Then we got a Waiver to fulfill the two-year foreign residence requirement.  And now I got H1-B visa.

There is one questions which we don't understand while filling DS160.

Question is "Are you a former exchange visitor (j) who has not yet fulfilled the two year foreign residence requirement?"

What should I answer to this question:  No:  Because I'm technically no longer required to fulfill that requirement.  

OR  Yes:  I was subject to 2 years requirement and then mention that I got a waiver and provide the waiver approval number.

Please let me know ASAP. Many thanks for your help.

19 hours ago, Gunvant said:

Hello, 

My spouse (H4) planning to visit India and we are filling her DS160.

I came to the US on J1 visa and spouse on J2 visa. Then we got a Waiver to fulfill the two-year foreign residence requirement.  And now I got H1-B visa.

There is one questions which we don't understand while filling DS160.

Question is "Are you a former exchange visitor (j) who has not yet fulfilled the two year foreign residence requirement?"

What should I answer to this question:  No:  Because I'm technically no longer required to fulfill that requirement.  

OR  Yes:  I was subject to 2 years requirement and then mention that I got a waiver and provide the waiver approval number.

Please let me know ASAP. Many thanks for your help.

Mention YES and provide the explanation. Carry the required docs also.

Thank you for your quick response. However, I also contacted recently to one of my friend who was on J1 (J2 spouse) and then transferred to H1B  (H4 spouse) and he mentioned NO in the form. And his visa (stamped) granted.  So I am bit confused now. 

Yes, I ask my spouse to carry all documents including the waiver certificate.

Archived