I-485 Dependent RFE

adhocusage

Hi,

I received 485 RFE for dependent asking to establish legal presence time period being - 'before' we applied for AoS and till now; The RFE indicates proof could be any copies of EAD / I-797 Approval Notices / I-94 copies. As you might have guessed we traveled on AP and AP's don't have I-797 (it has 512). The AP's do have the stamp but we don't have I-94 copies for those many years. I am able to pull from DHS site for the last 5 years. Since this is for dependent child we did not apply for EAD but applied only recently. We did return from india on AP / EAD combo few weeks ago and the EAD is still not expired. Will not having I-94 copies be a hassle? I have I-797 approval notices when H1 got renewed (soon after applying) for AoS , all the AP's original (sometimes not traveled but just applied and got), two EADS original (1st one to get Social Security) and of course the stamping by DHS in the child's passport and AP's all these years. Why do they want I-94 copies .. I don't understand.  Since this is dependent there are gaps in EAD and AP. The child is still a school student.

Any ideas? I have applied for FOIA in the meantime for I-94 copies. I am able to pull for the past 5 years only online. 

Archived