Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tourism(B2) visa for In-laws : Self sponsor vs. me sponsoring

Recommended Posts

I am filling DS-160 for my in-laws. I am on H1B visa and wife is on H4 visa in usa. My father-in-law occupation is Agriculture and giving Rs.50K/month as his income. Mother-in-law is homemaker. If i give self sponsor in DS-160 for both of them then how much cash they have to show in their banks. They have up to 8-10 Lakh rupees in account. Planning to give Intended stay 2 months in DS-160 ( does port of entry officer give i-94 based on this or do they give 6 months i-94 default?) 

If they are self sponsoring then In Invitation Letter (To Visa officer) i mention that they are going to stay at my Apartment right? should i write like They will bear all expenses Except Accommodation? Can any one send Invitation Letter for self sponsored B2 in laws visa. 


if i sponsor them then do i need to prepare lot of documents like I-134 affidavit of support and Bank letter and other letters?  is it better to sponsor them or self sponsor to get visa? 

Share this post

Link to post

In the part "who's paying for the trip", you can have them mention you. 2 months in the right season would make sense. December in Minnesota would be raise eyebrows. You get the drift?. The I94 on arrival is usually 6 months.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now