I-94 expiring soon based on old passport but have valid h1

SwethaDevi

Hello,

I have two Q's.

1. I have renewed my passport and my H1 Stamping is expiring in Dec 2017. My i-94 is expiring in Oct 2017. My company filed H1-B  the extension as its up for renewal. So to keep my immigration status valid do I need to go out of country and get stamped on the new passport? Since the renewal passport  will not have any H1 Stamp on it.

What steps do I need to take to keep my status valid.

2. I have recently changed my last name to my spouse's last name.Will that change impact me in any way specifically during H1 extension/H1 transfer and stamping? (Note: I have all the documents to support the name change)

Appreciate for the answers and thank you in advance.

18 hours ago, SwethaDevi said:

Hello,

I have two Q's.

1. I have renewed my passport and my H1 Stamping is expiring in Dec 2017. My i-94 is expiring in Oct 2017. My company filed H1-B  the extension as its up for renewal. So to keep my immigration status valid do I need to go out of country and get stamped on the new passport? Since the renewal passport  will not have any H1 Stamp on it.

What steps do I need to take to keep my status valid.

2. I have recently changed my last name to my spouse's last name.Will that change impact me in any way specifically during H1 extension/H1 transfer and stamping? (Note: I have all the documents to support the name change)

Appreciate for the answers and thank you in advance.

1. Not needed as your employer already applied for extension.

2. No impact.

Archived