H1B Amendment denied

@sree123

Hi,

I am a contractor working for company A (employer) who filed for an H1 amendment (change of location) recently.My current client(company B) did not provide me any client letter but gave an email saying that client doesnot provide any client letter. My current vendor(comapny c) gave me a vendor letter but did not provide me a agreement copy. So, my H1B amendment got denied. I am aware that i cannot appeal as vendor /client cannot provide documents. 
My Questions are,

1. How long can i work for company B  after denial?
2. What is the time duration that i have to file for another amendment with new client.
3. I cannot go back to my previous client. Can i find job anywhere in the US or does it have to be only original petition location?

-Thanks

On 3/26/2017 at 1:33 PM, @sree123 said:

Hi,

I am a contractor working for company A (employer) who filed for an H1 amendment (change of location) recently.My current client(company B) did not provide me any client letter but gave an email saying that client doesnot provide any client letter. My current vendor(comapny c) gave me a vendor letter but did not provide me a agreement copy. So, my H1B amendment got denied. I am aware that i cannot appeal as vendor /client cannot provide documents. 
My Questions are,

1. How long can i work for company B  after denial?
2. What is the time duration that i have to file for another amendment with new client.
3. I cannot go back to my previous client. Can i find job anywhere in the US or does it have to be only original petition location?

-Thanks

1. Not even a single day. You need to stop working immediately.

2. ASAP.

3. Anywhere in US.

First, you are NOT a contractor. It is not possible to work as contractor on H1. You are an employee of company A. The fact that company A sends you to client sites does not make you a contractor.

Second, if the amendment is denied, you have to stop working for that client. Note that you need to get paid by your employer, even if you are on bench.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I am a contractor working on EVC model for Consultancy Company A (employer) who filed for an H1 amendment (change of location) recently.My current client(company B) did not provide me with any client letter but gave an email saying that client doesn't provide any client letter. My LCA filed under level 1 wage level. I have a masters degree in the USA but still, USCIS gave me an RFE asking for justification of speciality occupation and level one wage. My employer responded but my amendment got denied. 
My Questions are,

1. How long can I work for company B(client)  after denial?
2. Does anything happen to my base H1b approved petition?

3. What are my options now to be in status?
4. can I work for the same client if I find another employer and they transfer my visa?

-Thanks

Archived