H1B Stamping in Canada

orbit123

Hi all ,

i am waiting for my H1 Ext . And planning to go to Canada for visa stamping . Now a days I am listening a lot on visa stamping to be done in the home country (India) . How far it's true , there is a lot of confusion on this . Can we still go to canada for stamping ?? 

Please advice . 

Thanks 

P

Yes, you can come to Canada but carefully think about all the outcomes. If all goes well it's great, if at all there is any delay then you will be stuck in a third country. Telling you with experience, I am here since Oct 4th and there are more people that are here, a few longer than me as well. Read all the forums, not to scare you however. Same could happen in your home country but at least you are at home.

My friend went for a stamping in Hyderabad, India . He had a 20 mins of Consulate interview asking different questions but finally they approved the visa .I changed my role from Programmer Analyst to HR manager , so i dont know if Canada is still a best bet .Please advice . 

Thanks all to your quick responses !! 

2 hours ago, Canucks_H1bRenewal said:

Yes. you can go to Canada or Mexico for stamping, I got my extension stamping done last week. 

4 hours ago, biodallas said:

Yes, you can come to Canada but carefully think about all the outcomes. If all goes well it's great, if at all there is any delay then you will be stuck in a third country. Telling you with experience, I am here since Oct 4th and there are more people that are here, a few longer than me as well. Read all the forums, not to scare you however. Same could happen in your home country but at least you are at home.

Sorry to hear that you are stuck but did the consulate gave you the Visa or a 221G ?

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:04 AM, orbit123 said:

Hi all ,

i am waiting for my H1 Ext . And planning to go to Canada for visa stamping . Now a days I am listening a lot on visa stamping to be done in the home country (India) . How far it's true , there is a lot of confusion on this . Can we still go to canada for stamping ?? 

Please advice . 

Thanks 

P

Yes you can go to Canada or Mexico. If you are a full time employee and in general have very less risk of TAL, then I would recommend you go to Canada. Be aware that you can get stuck in 221G and that can be expensive than being home in India. However, I keep hearing that it is faster in Canada. Also, the dates in India are difficult to get around this time.

canucks was stuck with me for 221G, but his was a simple issue of a client letter and once they got it, he was immediately cleared. So not that bad of a situation.

Archived