Greencard holder - Wife in india - how can I bring her to USA?

nyraj2

Hi,

I am a Indian citizen, green card holder waiting for my Citizenship. I just got married and want to bring my wife (Indian) to US, we did apply for her I-130 which is also approved waiting for the status date. In this situation can we apply for visitor visa for her ? Is there is any law which prohibits her to apply ?

Is there is any other way I can bring her (other than H1B).

Thanks

Can some one explain the following

https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM040202.html

9 FAM 402.2-4(B)(4) (U) Spouse or Child of U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien

(CT:VISA-1; 11-18-2015)
(Previous Location: 9 FAM 41.31 N14.3; CT:VISA-701; 02-15-2005)

(U) An alien spouse or child, including an adopted alien child, of a U.S. citizen or resident alien may be classified as a nonimmigrant B-2 visitor if the purpose of the travel is to accompany or follow to join the spouse or parent for a temporary visit.

Based on the above, can I apply for tourist visa for my wife.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:33 PM, vincentanand said:

Some of friends in similar situation, got visitor visa for their spouse. So your spouse may get it.

Hi Vincentanand,

Thanks for replying. Can you please give me some more details about which consulate they went and did they go through any attorney.

I would appreciate if you can give me some more details on this, which will be really helpful.

Thanks again,

• 1 year later...

My situation is also same. Can someone please tell me is it possible to get visitor visa, while green card processing is pending??? I am working in India..  my husband is in US and he has filed I130 for me and I want to go on visitor visa... please help!!!! 

Archived