H1B PAI @ Ottawa on July 13..Return flight tickets needed?

rag8

Hello All,

My wife and I have H1B visa PAI @ Ottawa on July 13. We only booked our onward journey flight tickets with UNITED airlines but did not book our return tickets because of the recent Canada Post strike and delay in passport deliveries.

I am receiving conflicting answers on whether I need to reserve my return tickets beforehand or not.

United airlines informed me that they would issue my boarding pass only when there is a return ticket. Why do they need to bother about this? All I need is my passport, Canada tourist visa and a valid onward flight ticket. I cannot book a return flight unless I get my passport and am not sure when that would be.

Also, at the POE in Ottawa, Does the officer ask us to show the proof of return ticket? 

Please confirm as we have the appointment only next week and are worried.

Thanks,

rag8

Hello All,

My wife and I have H1B visa PAI @ Ottawa on July 13. We only booked our onward journey flight tickets with UNITED airlines but did not book our return tickets because of the recent Canada Post strike and delay in passport deliveries.

I am receiving conflicting answers on whether I need to reserve my return tickets beforehand or not.

United airlines informed me that they would issue my boarding pass only when there is a return ticket. Why do they need to bother about this? All I need is my passport, Canada tourist visa and a valid onward flight ticket. I cannot book a return flight unless I get my passport and am not sure when that would be.

Also, at the POE in Ottawa, Does the officer ask us to show the proof of return ticket? 

Please confirm as we have the appointment only next week and are worried.

Thanks,

rag8

Can you post your experience of stamping at ottawa..

How you heard about visa ratio of pass vs fail

Archived