All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. curiousness

Consular Notification & document drop off

Hi Rivaldo - When you reach the ustraveldocs step you might not get the eligibility questions. At least I didn't a month or so back. And I am aware of others who didn't either. It will lead you to appointment page (mostly). It might even ask you to book an OFC + actual interview date. Dates are in October etc. but all that needs to be updated in the back-end. All due to COVID. Anticipating updates once the consulates open up (soon). Recommend you to still go ahead and schedule something to at least have your foot in. On your other thread I have commented on India transfer and also posed some questions. We are on the exact same boat.
  3. curiousness

DS-160 how-to ? Temporarily on Indian payroll.

I am in the exact same situation currently. However, I had filled up my DS-160 and also gone through the ustraveldocs appointment steps before I started considering an India transfer (as I was waiting for consulates to open). 797 got approved in March. I am still awaiting a response from our internal immigration vendor if transferring to our India offices and getting on an Indian payroll (temporarily) impact my H1 stamping. Would you happen to know if it does? Also, in case I initiate India firm transfer in the next two weeks then would I need to re-do my DS-160? Also, what H1B location related rules are you referring to if I may ask? To answer your qtns- 1) Has the be the legal entity/parent company for which H1 will be granted/extended (please check with your firm immigration team) 2) USD montly 3) Start date - Date you joined the US firm (plz confirm with firm immi).
  4. Hello there, H1b…Newly married … I had a small argument with my wife and due to loud noise apartment security guard called the cops. I did inform the cops that we were just having a discussion even then I was cuffed and was placed in jail for a day. My finger prints and SSN details were taken, my wife doesn't want to prosecute the case and the case will be dismissed in a few days. My questions are. 1) Will there be any record regarding this on my profile, if so for how long ? 2) When employment background checks are conducted will this arrest show up ? 3) If yes for the above questions, what correct steps can be taken so my arrest record is removed from my record/profile? Please advise.
  5. Today
  6. Ninja11

I-94-Not Matching my Extended I-797

My case is very similar except more horrific: 1) Working for Employer A and had a valid visa and I-797 from (01 Oct 2015 - 30 Sep 2018) 2) Changed employment and working for Employer B, I-797 approved from (24 Aug 2016 to 23 Aug 2017) (I-94# listed on I-797 was xxxxxxABC) 3) Traveled to India from Nov 2016 and returned back to the US on 20 Dec 2020. (I-94 # listed online was xxxxxxXYZ) 4) Employer B filed an extension in 2017 and got approval from (24 Aug 2017 to 23 Aug 2019) (I-94 number listed on I-797 was xxxxxABC) I realized this way after I quit my job and decided to come to India to change my status from H1 to H4. The VO got confused and gave me 221G multiple times. Finally asked me to reappear for an interview and refused my visa per 212(a)(6)(c)(i) which basically means I misrepresented and was trying to hide my employer details. As per the VO when I last entered the US I said to the CBP officer that I was working for Employer A and not Employer B. At the time of entry my visa was from Employer A but had an approved I-797 from Employer B. I think all this is because my I-94 number listed on my latest I-797 had the same number as listed before and didn't update after my entry on 20 Dec 2016. Any help is appreciated.
  7. Sandy1975

TN work permit processing

Hi Just checking if anyone went for TN work permit processing in the last couple of weeks and want to know about their experience..........with COVID situation Thanks
  8. Hi, I’m currently working for Company A. And I’ve a H1 transfer in progress to Company B. Both are FTE for American companies. Both the projects are remote at least until the end of the year! Can I continue to work for both the companies at the same time on different H1s. Are there any issues receiving two paychecks for same time period from two different employers? Please let me know. Thanks.
  9. naveenanumala

Filling Form DS 160 for F1 - Query

Hi ! What should the answer be for the following question when filling Form DS 160 for student visa application, when the parent of the applying student has a pending US immigration petition filed? "Has anyone ever filed an immigration petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?"
  10. This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the ability pay analysis of an I-140 Petition. Rules for Topic of the Week Threads: 1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice. 2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section. 3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions. 4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.
  11. Attorney_22

Not Too Early To Start the PERM Green Card Process

Generally, you are correct, there may be many unemployed U.S. workers at this time that may apply to the advertisement. However, your employer must recruit for the position based on his minimum requirements, and not all individuals may qualify. To discuss the process and your employer's options, it may be best to speak directly with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney.
  12. Attorney_22

Not Too Early To Start the PERM Green Card Process

There are many parts of the process, and the answer depends on the category you are referring to. Generally, processing has slowed since COVID-19 became a factor. However, other aspects of the process are giving hope, such as premium processing returning for I-140s, and due to the consulate delays of interviews, more adjustment of status cases may be able to be filed if priority dates move forward more quickly.
  13. swapna23

H1 - chennai consulate

I got my H1 approved recieved I 797A with I 94 attached, but it has consulate : chennai, mentioned on Right side below notice type, Please advice what does that means.
  14. santhoshkumar30

LCA for 32-40 Hours

Hi Team, Asking behalf of the friend.My friends H1 got picked and now employer said told to my friend we are going to apply LCA with 32-40 hours work week(clinet reduced working hours).Can we apply LCA with 32-40 hours work week?Will this be a problem for H1 approval? Thanks, Santhosh
  15. JoeF

What's the latest PERM should be filed in H1B ?

Retaining the PD was possible way before that. In 2017, the change was that it became possible to retain the PD even if the I-140 was canceled, if it was canceled after 6 months. AFAIK, that wasn't an EO. It was a law change.
  16. gopalakrishnach

REVOCATION NOTICE WAS SENT

It looks you never started your H1B and since now your employer laid off then that H1B is gone. You need to submit new H1B petition in lottery next year.
  17. gopalakrishnach

Laid off from work

I guess from June 12 you will have 60 days. I may be wrong..
  18. gopalakrishnach

Travel ABROAD during H1B extension travel

1. It is not adviced to travel during H1B processing. If you do travel then no need to inform USCIS and your petitioner must manage the things.
  19. gopalakrishnach

H1B extension Receipt date question

Convert to premium ASAP...I guess date when receipt is generated..
  20. gopalakrishnach

Urgent: H1B Transfer after I94 Expiry

I would do that but if I get an RFE with old Emp A then I do not have an option but to start working with the new employer B. --- Why you feel RFE cannot be answered and after that get approval. If my H1B transfer with Employer B is approved while my H1B extension with Emp A is still pending then I have to start working for employer B -- I feel B cannot approved before A. I maybe wrong.
  21. gopalakrishnach

Working on H1b while persuing PhD remotely in Canada

OP is in USA on H1B and want to see whether they can do PhD online from university in Canada. I feel PhD with H1B full time employement is hard but Masters can be managable but PhD is hard.
  22. Talk with your employer. Did you? what did they say? I guess now there is no other way beside remote work from India.
  23. I am in the same boat. Came to India on Mar8 and was planning to go back on Mar17 but had to cancelled my trip due to COVID19 outbreak everywhere. I am working remotely from India since Mar16. The only difference is I have Visa stamping until June2021.
  24. gopalakrishnach

Left US but received Stimulus payment

I believe it mistake. To help more number of needy IRS just send to bank accounts without checking whether the account holder and tax payee was present in USA or not. I believe its mistake and send them back.
  25. User099

What's the latest PERM should be filed in H1B ?

There is no such requirment to start PERM before the 3rd year, but my question is how are you able to maintain the PD when you moved to Company B in 2016 when the EO to maintain the PD came into effect in 2017.
  26. User099

Incorrect I-94, new passport, H1B transfer

Your new passport number should bring up the latest I94. It looks to me like some kind of a mistake or error. You should reachout to CBP to have this fixed.
  1. Load more activity