No electronic I-94 when entering by land from Canada?

Nil

Hi,

I had gone for my H1b stamping to Canada by car. While returning, my passport was not stamped for entry into US, nor was I given any I-94. 

My questions:

1). While entering to US via land from Canada, is the I-94 issuance also electronic. I was under the impression that via land, they issue I-94 cards. 

2). I checked online for my I-94 records, and there is no record online. After the electronic I-94 since 2013, I recently traveled to Canada by car for my stamping. I don't see this record. Is this fine, or do I need to do anything?

3) How long does it take to update the I-94 record online after your entry  into US.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Nil.

Hi Joe,

I did insist on the I-94, and the officer said that the I-94 attached to my I-797C is my I-94. 

So I assume the officer must be right. 

What do you think? 

And do you know if they issue electronic I-94's at the land POE's, or do they issue cards as before?

Thanks,

Nil.

Hi Joe,

I did insist on the I-94, and the officer said that the I-94 attached to my I-797C is my I-94. 

So I assume the officer must be right. 

What do you think?

Normally, yes. That's known as AVR, Automatic Visa Revalidation. But when going for stamping, AVR doesn't apply.

I don't know if they do electronic I-94s at the land crossings nowadays.

I faced the similar issue recently, I went to mexico for my visa stamping and I crossed the border by walk.

I had valid visa and i94 till feb 1st 2015. I knew from the posts in this forum that I need to get a new i94. But I was misled by few guys in the line, that I don't need to get new i94. Listening to them I crossed the border back without new i94

After coming back to San Diego my friend insisted to go back again to get new i94 coz I'll be out of status from Feb 1st 2015.

Then I checked my I797 and it clearly says that the i94 attached to it will be void if we cross the border. Since it is about immigration, I didn't want to take any risk and went back to border again and got new i94.

I would suggest the same to you.

Archived