F1 to H1B

Chocodipper

I am currently working on STEM OPT for a US based company as a FTE (Not EVC). My OPT is going to expire coming Feb 2015. I have already resigned and my last day at work will be January 2015. I also got an admission into MBA program which i intend to complete.

I wont be working until Oct as i will be in school with no work authorization (Not interested in CPT which is not a good option). 

My company is willing to apply for H1B coming April as a Rennaisance Developer.

1. Can i travel to my home country in the month of february and retun with out any issues at POE?

2. What are my chances of H1B approval?

3. Can i start working from October and still complete my MBA on part time basis?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

1. No. Your OPT will have been over in the sense you have no job to return to.

2.That depends firstly on getting through a Lottery if applicable and then based on credentials of both.

3. Possible though you should contact the college.

Since your OPT ends in February your 60 days will extend in to April and you could then stay without working till they decide on your H1 and use cap gap with no job if the H1 is approved with COS.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My friend is on F1 and his employer is willing to apply in July'15 for H1B

Is it complusory for him to go thru lottery or as he is on student visa over there he can convert to F1 any time thru out the year. i mean he doesnt require to wait for next april 16 to file for h1b from there.

Please suggest. your help is appretiated.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Hi,

My friend is on F1 and his employer is willing to apply in July'15 for H1B

Is it complusory for him to go thru lottery or as he is on student visa over there he can convert to F1 any time thru out the year. i mean he doesnt require to wait for next april 16 to file for h1b from there.

Please suggest. your help is appretiated.

Thanks,

Gaurav

For initial H1 approved you have to go through lottery, that means your H1 should be filed on April 1st.

Archived