Need your suggesting for changing my emplyer

_jaswanth7_

Hello Friends,

My current H1B stamping valid up to Oct 2015, but mean while i want to change employer A to employer B and after that i am planning to go India for my brothers marriage.   So while i am coming back to US, do i need to attend interview to get stamping with my new approved 797 from my employer B or my old stamping is still valid ? 

-Jas

If at the time of your return to US your H1B visa is valid then you can travel with that and employer B's I797.

Hi Jairichi, thanks for your reply.

But i was little confused with your answer, if we change from employer A to employer B, we will get new I797, i am clear up to that point. But we will have the old employers stamp in our passport right ?

So, my old stamping is still valid ?  i mean can i come back with that stamping ?    

Old stamping is valid for up to oct 2015, so it is valid right ?

-Jassu

Hi Jairichi, thanks for your reply.

But i was little confused with your answer, if we change from employer A to employer B, we will get new I797, i am clear up to that point. But we will have the old employers stamp in our passport right ?

So, my old stamping is still valid ?  i mean can i come back with that stamping ?    

Old stamping is valid for up to oct 2015, so it is valid right ?

-Jassu

A visa is not tied to any employer. You can travel with current valid H1B visa and new employer's I797.

Archived