Concurrent I-130/485 received I-797C Rejection Notice

Hi,

I am a US citizen and filed I-130 and I-485 concurrently for my wife and received I-797C Rejection Notice -

-----

The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. Please review the Form Instructions for fee information.

Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to address listed on the bottom of the notice

The following documents may be provided -
Your original I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) if you are filing concurrently or
Your original I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) if you are filing concurrently or
Your original I-360 (Petition for Ameriasian, ... ) if you are filing concurrently or
A copy of your Form I-797, (Notice of Action) if the I-130, I-140, I-136 or I526 petition has already been filed/approved; or
Other evidence that an immigration visa petition has been filed/approved on your behalf.

-----

Current status: My wife is working on EAD/AP with I-140 approved.

Question - I am wrote the check for proper amount. I wrote separate checks for I-130 and I-485 of amounts $420 and $1070 ($985 + $85). I am thinking the incorrect check amount is a standard message and they are actually requesting approved I-140 notice? While applying we had attached copies of EAD/AP as supporting documents but not the 797 notice for approved I-140. Is my assumption correct?

Thanks.

Archived