H1B Denied due to my College

appdev1

Hi, I am really in a status trouble right-now so please i need help and your suggestion/advice. 

My situation is, I graduated from UONA in 2011 and i have been working with OPT since Jul 2011. Now my stem-opt is getting expired on oct 2013. 

My employer has filed my H1b under Master's quota and it got Rejected. Reason for the rejection is school is Private-Profit and They have stated that I have used CPT from the first semester. I was working in hartford connecticut so they have mention how i was communication from hartford to VA for school. My lawyer has respond this first RFE but didn't workout anything and got denied notice. 

So my opt is valid until oct-2013, so now what i have to do in order to stay in country and to stay in status? I have a B.com(Commerce)Bachelor degree from india which is 3years and its not qualify for the Regular quota of h1b, since it's 3years and that is the reason my lawyer filed it under Master's quota and didn't say anything about this before. 

Thanks in advance..

You would seem to be in serious trouble. You need to get a better and ethical lawyer who knows what they are doing. Maybe give the firm of Murthy a call. You may have a chance of qualifying to work in your field based on the 3 year degree plus work experience. That would mean a H1 filing next year.  Slim chances, I am afraid. You should report the Lawyer to the Connecticut Bar for misconduct.

Hi, I am really in a status trouble right-now so please i need help and your suggestion/advice. 

My situation is, I graduated from UONA in 2011 and i have been working with OPT since Jul 2011. Now my stem-opt is getting expired on oct 2013. 

My employer has filed my H1b under Master's quota and it got Rejected. Reason for the rejection is school is Private-Profit and They have stated that I have used CPT from the first semester. I was working in hartford connecticut so they have mention how i was communication from hartford to VA for school. My lawyer has respond this first RFE but didn't workout anything and got denied notice. 

So my opt is valid until oct-2013, so now what i have to do in order to stay in country and to stay in status? I have a B.com(Commerce)Bachelor degree from india which is 3years and its not qualify for the Regular quota of h1b, since it's 3years and that is the reason my lawyer filed it under Master's quota and didn't say anything about this before. 

Thanks in advance..

If you have a spouse you can move to dependent visa. Otherwise you have no option other than exiting US.

So in another words, you have abused F1 by taking CPT from a diploma mill. This was the reason why few students got handcuff few years ago, so now you understand how big is your mistake.

Since your Bachelor's is not eligible for H1, only option is to go to real school. But admission itself takes 3-4 months and your OPT will be expired by that time. As far as my knowledge is concerned, you have no options.

But you did a very good thing by mentioning the reason for rejection so that we can use this post as reference for new people on this forum. Their are 100's posts mentioning not to take CPT and people still doesn't want to listen.

They are a) NOT accredited and b) a fraud.

You wasted your money.

The "degree" you got from them is worth exactly zero, nothing.

And you violated the F1 by working outside of normal commuting range to the school, so you could not attend school although the F1 requires that.

If you want to have a future in the US, leave NOW, and then apply at a REAL university, not some fraud.

You are lucky that they haven't deported you yet.

Thanks all for this information.

Well. There is always an option. I research and found more information.

Infoserve and Sullivan are ready to take me and as they have mention that I can get a CPT from the day one when i register for the class. 1:-The matter is i will need to work near the school, that means i need to find a company which should be located around the school. 2:- on USCIS website they have mention that international student may eligible to work from the first semester on CPT if their job is related to the field. So i will find the job related to my field. as i am expertise in both Business Analyst and Java, C Programmer.  

Infoserve and Sullivan are ready to take me and as they have mention that I can get a CPT from the day one when i register for the class. 1:-The matter is i will need to work near the school, that means i need to find a company which should be located around the school. 2:- on USCIS website they have mention that international student may eligible to work from the first semester on CPT if their job is related to the field. So i will find the job related to my field. as i am expertise in both Business Analyst and Java, C Programmer.  

You are still taking the previous path of CPT??

Looks like you didn't learned anything even after your H1 was rejected.

Your H1 was rejected because of CPT and now again you want to work in CPT. Is something wrong with you??

You have NO OPTION, other than contacting some good attorney. This is the ONLY OPTION. With this abuse on your record, don't expect F1 status.

You are abusing F1 visa and making it harder for other " eligible " and qualified hard working international students. B.Com from India let you work only in Accounting area and has nothing to do with Java, C programs and CPT is visa abuse. As JoeF mentioned, consider yourself lucky you are not yet on deportation list and STOP abusing F1.

• 2 months later...

You are abusing F1 visa and making it harder for other " eligible " and qualified hard working international students. B.Com from India let you work only in Accounting area and has nothing to do with Java, C programs and CPT is visa abuse. As JoeF mentioned, consider yourself lucky you are not yet on deportation list and STOP abusing F1.

So, you want to continue to violate the law???

Your career will be over. Abuse of CPT will end with your deportation.

Have you not heard of TVU???

Looks like you didn't learned anything even after your H1 was rejected.

Your H1 was rejected because of CPT and now again you want to work in CPT. Is something wrong with you??

You have NO OPTION, other than contacting some good attorney. This is the ONLY OPTION. With this abuse on your record, don't expect F1 status.

Just want to give update to everyone here..

Good news Guys. My H1b got approved for 3 years..Finally..  MTR Motion To Re-apeal saved my life. My employer has provide all the documentation which is immigration need it to review my case. 

I suggest to everyone don't give up if you get RFE. or Denied notice. you can always response them. 

Thanks all of you. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just want to give update to everyone here..

Good news Guys. My H1b got approved for 3 years..Finally..  MTR Motion To Re-apeal saved my life. My employer has provide all the documentation which is immigration need it to review my case. 

I suggest to everyone don't give up if you get RFE. or Denied notice. you can always response them. 

Thanks all of you.

Hi Appdev1

Even I was graduated from UoNA , even I am also facing the same situation, can you help me ( explain ) me what kind of documentation you submitted in MTR for your denied H1B. Can you provide your phone number or email id for further quick discussion.

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi Appdev1/sravan511

Even I was graduated from some university , even I am also facing the same situation, can you help me ( explain ) me what kind of documentation you submitted in MTR for your denied H1B. Can you provide your phone number or email id for further quick discussion. I hope you will help me and reply me, i look forward for your response.

Thanks,

harry

• 1 year later...
On 8/31/2013 at 0:29 PM, appdev1 said:

Thanks in advance..

Update. Greencard application has been approved for me and for all my colleagues who are graduated from University of North America with their masters program. As long as you're working and have client letter then you're good for H1B. School is accrediated and no matter what you will get your H1B approved under masters quota.

UoNA is no longer accredited, because their accreditor was ACICS, which is not a recognized accreditor anymore.

Also, they are for-profit, which means even when they were accredited, a Masters degree from them could not be used for the Masters quota.

Archived