I-485 Status shows Card Document production for more than a year now...

zak74

Hi,

My EB2-India PD is Nov 2008. I became current in Jan 2012. But applied for I-485, EAD, AP on March 2012 due to delay caused by my employer in sending the offer letter (why the delay by the employer is a different matter altogether). My I-485 Received Date is March 14 2012 and Notice Date is March 17,2012. In April 1st week, they sent me FP appointment for the date of April 30 2012 and they also sent me approved EAD/AP combo card. I completed my FP on the date they asked me to.

From April 2nd week, my I-485 status is showing the following. The same message show even today after more than a year.

Card/ Document Production

On April 13, 2012 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I thought this message was in error and by this message I thought they meant the documents (FP Notice and EAD) that was sent to me. This cannot be the status referring to approved I-485, because this was sent in April 13 2012 but my FP appointment was for April 30. And hence they cannot approve I-485 before FP.

But today, I called USCIS National Customer Service center at 1-800-375-5283. The Agent told me this means my GC was approved. When I explained to him that I only received EAD/AP and after year I have given renewed my EAD/AP. He transferred me to an USCIS officer. But due to long waiting time, I left my number for call back and haven't heard yet.

Is there anything to my status message? Or is it just a mistake by USCIS? Or was my GC sent but missed in post? If it was approved, wouldn't my attorney and employer also have received a notification? 

At the least, can I ask USCIS if my application is pre-adjudicated? or if the background check is complete?

If I were you I would be calling and asking where is my GC!! not if my application is pre-adjudicated? or if the background check is complete?

Card production status means they have your LPR card is in production and you should have received it in 2 weeks by mail.

I talked to a USCIS representative today. He clarified me that this status does not indicate the approval or mailing of I-485. It indicates that they mailed finger print notice and a change of address that occurred at that time. I asked if I can know if my application is pre-adjudicated but he didn't answer it directly and said that TSC is processing it and waiting for your PD to be current. I asked if my Background check (Name Check) is complete and he said that Name Check starts at the beginning of the process and completes in 6 months and it should be complete now since it has been 15 months since my application. Just waiting for PD to become current.

I don't expect Nov 2008 to be current any time soon. I guuess I have to wait till Sep 2014.

Archived