Question about L2 EAD laws

CG_NJ

Hi,

I am working with a large firm on a valid L2 EAD which expires in Feb 2018. Next year would be my husbands 7th year in US. My husband was selected in the lottery for H1B this year and he has a valid I-140, so he would eventually move to H1B on 1st Oct and I will be on H4, upon which I will quit my job.

I got an email from my lawyer at my employers firm asking me if I will be able to renew my EAD. I want to understand that as per laws what amount of information are they allowed to ask me. Can they ask for my husbands Greencard process details even though they are not involved in the process? I worry that I might be let go because of these hassles.

Thanks!

You will be able to get an EAD in H4 status based on your spouses I-140 approval. It may be possible to apply for the H4 EAD now based on your pending COS to H4. It would be in your interests to be totally honest with the company Lawyer and the company as they may be able to guide you regarding filing for the H4 EAD now based on a pending COS to H4.

Archived