B2 Tourist Visa

Magician

I applied for a B2 tourist visa and I am confused. 

- I completed the DS160 form and submitted it online

- I booked an interview appointment and here is how the interview went

• Have you been to the US before? No, this is my first time. 
  • What is the purpose of your visit? I am visiting my brother who lives in Texas and visit few places of tourist importance. 
  • So, this is a holiday? Yes, this is a holiday. 

The officer then said "We are done here" and she told me that her colleague will show me the exit. She returned my passport to me. 

If I look at the CEAC Status tracker website (https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx), I find that my application is now in a status of Application Received. (See attached image)

However, there is no status as Application Received in the UK US Embassy website. 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/checking-ceac-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants/

The only statuses that are mentioned are

1. No Status
  2. Ready
  3. Issued
  4. Administrative Processing
  5. Refused

My Questions: 

1. I understand that my visa application, in all probability, is refused as she has returned my passport. But, I was not given a reason at all. So, how can I find out the reason?
  2. Will I be given a letter sent via post (mail) indicating the reasons?
  3. So, what does this status of Application Received mean?

The only other place where I can read about Application Received is it appears to be a new status that they are issuing. 

Any insights into what probably happened and what the next steps are would be really helpful.  

Application Received Status - For Murthy Forums.png

Few more additional details

1. I hold a UK ILR (Permanent Residency) but with an Indian Passport. I have been in the UK for the last 6+ years

2. I am a permanent employee with more than sufficient funds to pay for my own ticket, stay and visiting tourist places

3. I once held a B1/B2 visa (issued in September 2006) under which I did not travel to the USA

• 1 month later...

Archived