Travelling during Amendment

sankaras

My visa is ending on Jul 2017. My current project with the current client has ended and i am switching client and location from Seattle to SFO with the same employer. My Employer informed me that a H1b Amendment has to be applied for this client change before i start working for the new client.  Please find below my questions:

1. Do i need an amendment?

2. If amendment is applied, Can i make a visit to india before joining my new  client?

3. If my current project has ended can i stay in USA till my amendment is approved? 

4. Should i wait for amendment approval to start working with the new client or just having the amendment receipt is enough?

Please brief on what are the things that i require to start working with my new client

On 4/22/2017 at 3:24 AM, sankaras said:

My visa is ending on Jul 2017. My current project with the current client has ended and i am switching client and location from Seattle to SFO with the same employer. My Employer informed me that a H1b Amendment has to be applied for this client change before i start working for the new client.  Please find below my questions:

1. Do i need an amendment?

2. If amendment is applied, Can i make a visit to india before joining my new  client?

3. If my current project has ended can i stay in USA till my amendment is approved? 

4. Should i wait for amendment approval to start working with the new client or just having the amendment receipt is enough?

Please brief on what are the things that i require to start working with my new client

1. Yes, it is mandatory.

2. Better to wait till it is approved.

3. Yes.

4. No. Receipt is enough.

Archived