H4-EAD Change of Employer

jsbrar31

My wife is working on H-1B in a non-profit organization and they have also filed her I-140. I am working on F1-OPT and planning to move to H4-EAD once her I-140 gets approved (My employer doesn't sponsor H-1B). I have the following questions: 

1) If she stays 180 days on approved I-140 and then changes her job, will I be able to keep working on H4-EAD?

2) If I-140 is revoked by her employer, will I be able to get H-4 EAD extension and for how long?

3) Will she need new I-140 only when her priority date is current (Country of Birth: India)? In other words, will she be able to get H-1B extensions without an active I-140?

Thanks in advance

JSB

15 hours ago, jsbrar31 said:

My wife is working on H-1B in a non-profit organization and they have also filed her I-140. I am working on F1-OPT and planning to move to H4-EAD once her I-140 gets approved (My employer doesn't sponsor H-1B). I have the following questions: 

1) If she stays 180 days on approved I-140 and then changes her job, will I be able to keep working on H4-EAD?

2) If I-140 is revoked by her employer, will I be able to get H-4 EAD extension and for how long?

3) Will she need new I-140 only when her priority date is current (Country of Birth: India)? In other words, will she be able to get H-1B extensions without an active I-140?

Thanks in advance

JSB

1. Yes.

2. Yes, you can. It is based on your spouse H-1 expiry date.

3. Yes. Once the I-140 is approved for more than 6 months even if employer revokes it, will not affect you guys. But new employer has to apply Labor and I-140 again but the date can be retained.

2 hours ago, shekar11# said:

1. Yes.

2. Yes, you can. It is based on your spouse H-1 expiry date.

3. Yes. Once the I-140 is approved for more than 6 months even if employer revokes it, will not affect you guys. But new employer has to apply Labor and I-140 again but the date can be retained.

Thank you for your reply. I highly appreciate it. 

Archived