Change in SEVIS ID

Swetha Neerukonda

Hi All,

I have been pursuing my Masters on H4 visa in the US. I have paid my SEVIS fee last year on May 31st 2016 thinking that I could get my F-1 stamping done in India. But I could not visit India last year so I scheduled my visa appointment on May 30th 2017. The I-20 that my University gave me has the course start date as June 19th 2017. So I would like to know if the SEVIS would be valid for the visa interview.

If it is not valid and I make a new payment then I would end up getting a new SEVIS ID. So do I have to fill the DS-160 again and schedule a new appointment. Please let me know.

1 hour ago, Swetha Neerukonda said:

Hi All,

I have been pursuing my Masters on H4 visa in the US. I have paid my SEVIS fee last year on May 31st 2016 thinking that I could get my F-1 stamping done in India. But I could not visit India last year so I scheduled my visa appointment on May 30th 2017. The I-20 that my University gave me has the course start date as June 19th 2017. So I would like to know if the SEVIS would be valid for the visa interview.

If it is not valid and I make a new payment then I would end up getting a new SEVIS ID. So do I have to fill the DS-160 again and schedule a new appointment. Please let me know.

You have to pay sevis fee only once. You can use that one.

Archived