H1 to F1 Visa Stamping - Experiences

ktd

Hello,

I am currently on H1B (just one year) and in the US working through a US based consulting company.   I got admission into one of the top Universities and planning on going for getting the status changed in either Canada or Mexico.  I am wondering to see if any one could share their experiences either in Canada or Mexico. Also wanted to see if anyone have any suggestions on whether it would be a good idea to go to Mexico or Canada.  Any pointers, help would be highly appreciated.

Just FYI - I am not considering CoS while in the US as currently it is taking over 6 months and I have only 4 months left for my classes to start.

Thanks

CP

18 hours ago, cmrs said:

Hello,

I am currently on H1B (just one year) and in the US working through a US based consulting company.   I got admission into one of the top Universities and planning on going for getting the status changed in either Canada or Mexico.  I am wondering to see if any one could share their experiences either in Canada or Mexico. Also wanted to see if anyone have any suggestions on whether it would be a good idea to go to Mexico or Canada.  Any pointers, help would be highly appreciated.

Just FYI - I am not considering CoS while in the US as currently it is taking over 6 months and I have only 4 months left for my classes to start.

Thanks

CP

Mexico does not allow change of status visa stamping. So the only option is Canada.

Archived