H4 - Dropbox VISA for a minor

VSK2017

Hi 

Me and my wife we are in USA and our child is in India with his grand parents. 

I shifted from Company A to Company B and we all (me. my wife and child) have valid VISAs with company A.

We thought of extending our son's VISA with the new Company B's I797 and submitted relevant copies to US Consulate dropbox location.

As we are here in USA, we provided authorization letter that my son would be travelling to USA with his grand parents

Now we got an email from consulate that my son's VISA application is under review and asking my son to come to an interview. and mentioning that as he is a minor parents should accompany him.

The reason we provided all the documents, authorization letter is that we (me and my wife) are in USA and wanted to extend VISA for our son.

Can a grand parent accompany him for VISA interview, If yes please let us know the procedure for this

And would like to know what might be the reasons for this.

Thanks in advance.

On 2/16/2017 at 8:51 AM, VSK2017 said:

Hi 

Me and my wife we are in USA and our child is in India with his grand parents. 

I shifted from Company A to Company B and we all (me. my wife and child) have valid VISAs with company A.

We thought of extending our son's VISA with the new Company B's I797 and submitted relevant copies to US Consulate dropbox location.

As we are here in USA, we provided authorization letter that my son would be travelling to USA with his grand parents

Now we got an email from consulate that my son's VISA application is under review and asking my son to come to an interview. and mentioning that as he is a minor parents should accompany him.

The reason we provided all the documents, authorization letter is that we (me and my wife) are in USA and wanted to extend VISA for our son.

Can a grand parent accompany him for VISA interview, If yes please let us know the procedure for this

And would like to know what might be the reasons for this.

Thanks in advance.

You can send a grandparent but you also need to send a letter stating why you are not bale to go to the interview along with your son.

• 3 months later...

Hi

could you please update how the interview for your son went on this. We are also sending our son for the H4 visa with grandparents. He is going to India with grand parents and then going to H4 visa stamping. I would like to know more about this. 

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, Sailaja85 said:

Hi

could you please update how the interview for your son went on this. We are also sending our son for the H4 visa with grandparents. He is going to India with grand parents and then going to H4 visa stamping. I would like to know more about this. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sailja, Did your son went for visa interview with parents in USA. How was the experience. We are planning to send our kids to India for 2 months. Need to get visa stamped to return. Need your feedback. My kids are 8 and 5, so they are eligible for drop box. Please reply. Thanks.

Hi VSK, Did your son went for visa interview with parents in USA. How was the experience. We are planning to send our kids to India for 2 months. Need to get visa stamped to return. Need your feedback. My kids are 8 and 5, so they are eligible for drop box. What is your child age. Please reply. Thanks.

Archived