f1 approval chances with arrest record

kumar496

Hi,
I am an INDIAN  citizen got charged for IMPAIRED DRIVING in Toronto ,CANADA and pleaded guilty .As CANADA  shares criminal issues with US border security will this effect if i apply for US F1 visa ? already tried couple of times here in canada and got all rejections 214(b) .what would be the reasons for rejections ? what are the chances of getting visa approved if i apply in my home country with an international DUI ?

Thank you .

19 hours ago, kumar496 said:

Hi,
I am an INDIAN  citizen got charged for IMPAIRED DRIVING in Toronto ,CANADA and pleaded guilty .As CANADA  shares criminal issues with US border security will this effect if i apply for US F1 visa ? already tried couple of times here in canada and got all rejections 214(b) .what would be the reasons for rejections ? what are the chances of getting visa approved if i apply in my home country with an international DUI ?

Thank you .

If you are arrested in canada the fingerprint and areest is shared with US immigration also if pleaded guilty you are convicted. So you have to go to insia and get USvisa stamped and get court papers and a immigration lawyer letter stating you are eligible for visa

On 1/21/2017 at 7:08 AM, century_new said:

If you are arrested in canada the fingerprint and areest is shared with US immigration also if pleaded guilty you are convicted. So you have to go to insia and get USvisa stamped and get court papers and a immigration lawyer letter stating you are eligible for visa

Thanks for your comment .as i only have single DUI and no personal injuries and heard that a single DUI wont effect US visa .is it true?

what are my chances?

On 1/21/2017 at 2:34 AM, pontevecchio said:

You have very little chance of getting a F1 visa in Canada specially if you were visiting. You need admission to a known college and that takes an year or more. Then you can apply for the F1 visa back home. Obviously I always suggest filling forms truthfully.

Thanks for your comment.

I did my PG in canada and currently on open workpermit for two half years more to go.but got a DUI year back and i declared about my DUI while filling DS-160 but got rejections when applied here in canada .i was planning to move back to INDIA and try my luck from there.what are my chances for a successfull visa interview ?will this rejections follow me even if i apply for  from home country with a single canadian DUI ?

Thanks In Advance

On 1/21/2017 at 8:53 AM, pagladeewana said:

What was the reason of rejection? In USA a simple DUI is not a crime which will result in visa rejection 

Thanks for your comment.

got rejection under section 214(b) .and when i ask the counslar officer for the particular reason they simply suggested me to check the rejection slip(pink slip 214(b).

Archived