i94 differences

Krish1212

Hi,

Below is the situation.

I'm on H1B. In the process of moving to a new employer, my employer filed H1B transfer in regular process (not premium). It took around 7 months to complete. Within these 7 months (I traveled out of country & entered back into US with my existing (old employer) i797). I got issued a new i94 (i94 number is new compared to previous i94), which is valid till my old i797. Once I got my new i797 from my new employer, I see my old i94 number printed on i797 with additional 9 months of validity.

When I go online to generate, most recent i94, I'm being displayed new i94 number with my old i797's validity (Which was created when I entered USA).

I visited CBP office, they asked me to contact USCIS. Do I have problem with my i94? Or, Am I all good here?

Please help.

Thanks,

Krishna

the most recent i-94 is the actual validity. if CBP issued i-94 is after the your new i-797, then that CBP issued i94 is the actual number of days you are supposed to stay. Any days beyond that date will be accounted as out of status. Please take immediate action

-regards 

Archived