Should we change our specialization in L1B Individual after L1B Blanket rejection ?

mfsipranavk

Hi,

My L1B Blanket visa got rejected in September, 2016. I received one 221(g) blue  slip saying - "Work explained by me is not clearly approvable" . My company is filing L1B individual now. I had given my specialized skill in one of my company's proprietary tool. 
Now for L1B individual, should I give the same specialize skill tool again or should I change it ? 

Please suggest the best so that I could get my L1B individual petition approved.

Thanks

I would say that provide more detailed explanation to prove your specialized knowledge.

L1B individual petitions are directly filed with USCIS and if approved you will get an approval notice ( I-797). Then you would have to take that I-797 and go to US consulate (in India?) to get stamping. As you have already approved I-797 notice , most probably you will get stamping.

But in the case of L1B blanket, visa officer in consulate office will directly decide during the interview whether you have specialized knowledge or not. 

I would say that provide detailed and clear explaination proving your specialized knowledge. If you say some tool knowledge, can you prove that there are no resources in USA who knows how to use that tool?? You should provide all evidences that only you can work on that tool. Think on the 221g you received with L1B blanket and update the documentation with more detailed answers this time.

Good luck. 

Archived