H1b Transfer Approved without updated i94 Urgent Help(nagolas, tijuana)

satvar

Hello There,

I got my H1b Transfer without updated i94 , Now Attorney said I need to go out of the country and come back either Nagolas, AZ-Mexico Border or Mexico border near san Diego , did anyone went for i94 to these places can you pls let me know your exp and document which you need to carry, I need to go with my wife and 2 kids as per lawyer because they are dependents from my H1b. is it safe going to these border and come back without any issue.

1) Can walk to cross the border or do I need to fly.

2) do I need to drive on car to cross the border

Kindly help me as I am planning to go this Friday.

-satvar

If you can drive to Downtown SD and park you can then take the trolley to the border. Cross on foot and make an UTURN before entering the turnstiles into Mexico and make your way to the CBP and ask for new I94's for the family. I think a small fee of 12 USD per I94 is needed. Be upfront and tell him why you are doing this and not using AVR. Ask your lawyer to give you a suitable letter to show the CBP if necessary about needing a new I94. GOOGLE getting a new I94 in TIJUANA and the process is well described.

Hello All ,

Hope This Will help any one in the future.

Finally with the debate in my mind either Nagolas or Tijuana , I went to Nagolas which is close to Arizona , I parked my car at parking lot and walked into first floor to i94 Office.

Spoke to one of the office and ask her is this where I get the i94 she said yes and asked my passport , I given my passport and she looked at it and said that I have valid i94 till 2017 May and called some one from inside , she came and said that you need to goto USCIS and ask them to issue the i94 I have no rights to issue one for you. I said to her that I changed my employer and I got the approval till 2019 , The approval came with out updated i94 Officer I see that still I will not issue the i94 , discuss went on and she said are you serious you not able to understand , I said to her give 2 min to explain the situation why I came here she said ok but later ask me to walk over to gate.

With all the disappointment I walk down

Stayed at the departure gate there is one border security officer came and I asked him if you have few min to talk and then he said oh yah let me know how can I help you , I shown my approval and he said are you on h1b visa , I said my self that this guy know something about it and I explained him the total store what happened in i94 office, He asked me are they rude with you , I Said yes , He call the supervisor and he took me inside and took all the details and talk to one of the officer there in phone. Then he asked me did you changed your employer i Said yes come with me we will goto upstairs , I went with my family with kids He played some jokes with my kids and took us upstairs spoke to some one they came and took my passports and issued the i94. after I got everything I asked why you said no in the first time , She said you did not said that you changed your employer , Oh my god I told her 10 time but she is not Hearing me at all , She said I am sorry and issue the i94 till i797 valid.

With the small twist all went well.

If you need any help locally in Nagolas , Contact Manu Mallik he will be able to help you in Logistic , Very helpful guy extremely supportive.

Archived