My fiance has a tourist visa. We want to get married now but she's not ready to move to the US yet.

My fiance has a tourist visa and has been to the US multiple times. We want to get married now but she's not ready to move to the US yet. I live part time with her in her South American country "Ecuador" but because of my job I wont be able to spend too much time outside of the US anymore. Because of her daughter's school she wont be ready to come to the US for at least a year and a half. If we get married in Ecuador, can she travel back and forth until we are ready? Also, once we are ready for her to move to the US along with her daughter, can we file the I130 while they are in the US? Will the multiple travels and her final entry to the US be frowned upon?

You can ensure a happy ending by involving a Lawyer in the planning. It is possible that she is denied entry if an I-130 has been filed though the numbers are so much that they may not even know. It helps that she has a long term tourist visa. If you get married then the wait is about 2 years as a GC holder. When do you become a citizen?

Thank you for your response. I am a US citizen. I just travel to southamerica often and stay for a month or two because I work from home connecting online, but lately this has become a problem with my job. Not being able to travel as often is going to put a big strain on the relationship, therefore my idea is to get married now in HER country, and that she travels to the US often until we are ready to submit the I-130.

The fact that you are an USC gives you many options. You could postpone the wedding till they are ready to come over. You could get married now and file the I-130 which means the IV at the Embassy in 3-4 months after that and then up to 6 months to come over. That adds up to almost an year or more. Any interim visit should be possible. The reason why I suggested a lawyer is to cover all the bases. As an USC there will be no ultimate issue in them coming over .

Archived