Opt got denied

Prathyushav

Hi this is prathyu. My opt got denied because DSO of our school did not enter recommendation for opt into my sevis record before 30 days after filing my I-765 form.I submitted post completion OPT request to my DSO on June 10, 2015 but she could not process it because I had to submit full time enrollment waiver request as I had less than 6 credits in my last semester to complete my course(which I was informed later) and I submitted the waiver request form. DSO processed my full time enrollment waiver form and made a waiver I -20 after this process but she did not make my opt I-20 and did not update my sevis record. I mistook this waiver I-20 as opt I-20 and filed for I-765 on 6/23/2015.( I rechecked it with staff of office of international education while mailing to USCIS,but unfortunately they too did not inform that my OPT I-20 is missing!!!)I got a RFE request from USCIS on 9/21/2015 to submit my opt i20 which I did on 10/1/2015 with letter of explanation explaining what had happened and this is the date when my DSO updated my sevis record which is more than 30 days after filing my I-765 .On 10/26/2015 I got Denial notice from USCIS .USCIS read the letter of explantation ( mentioned in denial notice)but still denied stating the reason that there is no discretion regarding the requirement to file I-765 form within 30 days from my DSO post completion opt endorsement in sevis.I used my 60 days grace period after my graduation date( my graduation date is 08/17/2015 and my opt start date is 10/17/2015.)and my sevis status is completed now.

What should I do now??

What are the ways to solve this problem.

I am planning to file a motion to reopen or re-consider my case. ( which is asked to do within 33 days from notice)Which one will be better re-open or re-consider?? How many days can I legally stay in US??And are there any other solutions for this case please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Archived