EAD dates current while Spouse in India

tinkukumar

I am currently on H1B, 140 approved, priority date is Jan 2012, spouse on H4B. My wife is pregnant and will deliver the baby in Indian and will be in India say for 1 - 1 1/2 yr. In the mean while, say in April 2016 if the EAD dates become current while my spouse in India, then what will be the options I will be having.

- I have file the EAD alone
- I dont think I will be able to add my spouse (since she will be in India)
- What will be the option I will have to bring them back to US say in 2017
- H4 is valid till October 2016 and once the H1 renewal is done H4 will be extended till 2017.
- If I get my GC in year end, say dec 2016 or Early 2017.
- When will be the next time I can add my spouse and kid to my GC.

I need to send my spouse to India as none of our relatives can come here as they are not well, so staying here options is not possible.
I know there will be lots of process and thats the reason I am seeking advice from the experts, please let me know if you are sure.

Please help me with the options I am left with, I really need guidance in this regard.

Hmm, I assume you mean Priority Date, which has nothing to do with EADs.

If your spouse is abroad, she would have to wait for your GC getting approved, then she could file for Consular Processing in a process called follow-to-join.

And staying here is an option. There is a lot of medical care available here. I assume you have health insurance.

Archived