Filling I-765 for F1 to H4 COS EAD?

rahul29

My spouse and I were filling I-765 for my spouse and we had a few questions. I am currently on H1 with approved I-140. My spouse is on F1 and is currently using OPT. My employer will file for my H1 extension and we are planning to apply for my spouse's F1 to H4 COS and H4 EAD concurrently.

While filling form I-765, we were not sure what to answer for the below questions.

11. Have you ever before applied for EAD from USCIS?  - Should we mention OPT details here.

15. Current Immigration Status? - Should this be F1 or H4(since we are applying for F1 to H4 COS)

16. Eligibility Category?  - Should this be ©(26)

18. If you entered the eligibility category ©(26) in Question 16 above, please provide the receipt number of your H1-B principal spouse's most recent Form I-797 Notice of Approval for Form I-129. - We have no clue what should be mentioned here. Should I mention my current I-797 receipt number? Or my approved I-140 receipt number?

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

I have follow up question in addition to above questions,

I am also filing F1 OPT -->H4-->H4 EAD for my wife. I have approved I-140. she has OPT at this moment.

based on this, what should i select to below question while filing I-765?

I am applying for:

1) Permission to Accept employment

2) Renewal of my permission to access employment (attach a copy of your previous employment authorization document)

Archived