Me and Wife on H1b - Wife wants to move H1-H4-EAD

maneeshr

Both me and my wife are on H1b visas working for same company.

I'm planning to switch jobs (move to different state). So my wife wants to move to h4-ead so she would have better opportunities for jobs there.

1) So when I move to new job they would apply for my H1b transfer in premium processing. Can my wife's application of h1-h4-EAD be send along with application? If yes, would it be approved in same window of my premium processing. There have been some online comments that only h1-h4 has been approved with premium processing and h4-ead processing non-premium.

2) Or is it better she converts to h4 before my h1b transfer (by going to India). And then after she gets h4, she apply for h4-ead along with my h1b transfer application. In which case, would h4-ead be processed in premium processing. 

Thanks.

1. COS to H4 if applied with your H1B in premium processing will be approved along with your H1B. There is no PP for EAD.

2. EAD application cannot be tagged with your H1B transfer application. There is no PP for EAD. It takes 90 days for approval according to USCIS website.

For your spouse to be eligible for EAD you need to have an approved I-140.

Archived