H4 EAD applied

neeta9

I applied for h4 EAD since my spouse has approved I-140 since 5 years. I filled up the EAD form on my own and sent all the supporting documents mentioned (spouse's I-140, I-797, passport, Employment verification letter, I-94) and also my passport, I-94, marriage certificate, 2 photos and form I-765. USCIS says my case was received on 29th May and sent me a receipt notice.

1. Since I filed it on my own and not attorney is that a disadvantage? Did I miss any documents from the above list? I'm concerned because some people already got their EADs.

2. I was on h1 till march 2014 and got h4 stamping in India and re-entered US in April 2014. So my visa says h4, but no h4 797 document from USCIS. Does that effect in getting my h4 EAD?

3. My I-94 had incorrect VALID until date so I spoke to the POE authorities and got it corrected and then only applies for h4 EAD. But when I went for my license renewal 2 days ago, she said USCIS is asking for additional info. I need to wait 6-8 weeks to get a letter from USCIS and then go back to renew my license. My visa, my spouses 797 both have admit until date as 20 April 2017 but my I-94 admit until date was corrected to 21 April 2017. Earlier it was 20 April 2014 which was a mistake on their side. Could that be an issue?

4. Border protection systems are not in sync with USCIS? Just to renew my license is taking so long with no mistake of mine. License officer says they are not able to verify my info. I'm totally clueless. Please help.

Archived