221G given for spouse(H4) on Microbiology CV requirement

cherry786

Today on 7th Jan, 2015, I had a visa interview for H1 at Toronto. I and my wife both have taken the appointment. From my side, everything went smooth. Then they asked about my wife's highest qualification, hers is Master in Microbiology. For that, the VO has asked her CV. We didn't anticipated this and so couldn't show it. We insisted we have Master's degree certificate and marks list, but the VO insisted on CV.

Later, she took both of our passports and gave a yellow slip. The 221g has one requirement, submit my wife's CV through email.The VO told it would take 3-4 weeks for the administrative processing to complete, I ran through few forums and I learned that for some cases the process took as much as 19 months to few weeks. 

I am in a confused situation, my Canada visa would expire on 28th Feb and my current employer is processing my L1. I had got my L1 docs ready all I need to do is book a PA date. 

Passports are with the US consulate.

1. Any chances of H1 approval under this context?

2. Any idea how long such cases be processed? 

3. Can I withdraw the H1 adminstrative processing after 2 weeks?

4. While H1 is in administrative processing, can I book a PA date for L1 in Feb? If so, will the H1 processing has an impact on L1?

I need some guidance in this context as how to proceed.

Thanks

1. Yes, if your spouse submits her CV.

2. Might a month but cannot say for sure.

3. Yes. But, you both cannot enter US. You need to fly to your home country.

Your wife's qualification comes under TAL (Technology Alert List). That is the reason for administrative processing probably to do security check.

Archived