H1-B First Name split to first and middle name

arunmahankali

Hi

My name is Arun Gupta Mahankali. i applied my H1-B visa in 2011 with the following name.

First Name: Arun Gupta

Middle Name:

Last Name: Mahankali

Then recently got a full time job and applied for H1-B visa transfer. Then my new company lawyer filed my H1-B with my name as

First Name: Arun

Middle Name: Gupta

Last name: Mahankali

He split my first name to first name and middle name.

So when I contact my lawyer he is saying since my first name has two words he put the second word to middle name. When I asked him to file the amendment for this he is saying "Arun, I checked with our outside counsel and their advice is that ultimately, here in the U.S., your name is Arun Gupta Mahankali, that Gupta would be considered a middle name, and that if we ask CIS to fix your name, they'll say that everything is in the correct order and spelled correctly.  So there really isn't a "correction" that can be made and you will never have problem with this". 

When I go to India for VISA stamping does it create any problem for me. Can I stay with this new H1-B and moving forward need to make Gupta as my middle name? If it doesnt create any problem then I am ready to make Gupta as my Middle name and I need to make sure when i apply for Green Card I need to make Gupta as my middle name.

Can you please suggest me what to do. I am planning to go to India in August for my sisters marriage.So please advise and guide me how to go to VISA interview.

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks

Arun Mahankali

Archived