H1B from NON Technical Background(Bpharmacy to IT)

praveen468

Hello Everyone, 

I have done my B.pharmacy from India and came to USA in 2009 to do my MBA in health care, I couldn't find any job in my related filed that made me to join consultancy and learn some IT stuff, presently am working as SQL DBA. I have been contractor for a while and later I joined as FTE  for client this is medical client .

I have around 2YR of USA experience as SQL DBA, and I have 3yr of part time software  experience in India from 2006 to 2009. I have completed my PGDCA and also Microsoft certification.

Now am planning to go to india for a Visit in the month of August , what are the visa chances for my profile. Please share your experience for H1b visa's. 

Generally, when filing an H1B petition with USCIS or applying for an H1B visa at a U.S. consulate abroad, the beneficiary must provide sufficient evidence that s/he is qualified for the position offered. This means the beneficiary must have at least a bachelor's degree or higher in a field of study related to the position. If one qualifies based on a combination of education and work experience, evidence must be provided that the combination is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and to determine what documents will be required for your visa interview and the likelihood of visa issuance based on your circumstances.

Thank you for your reply....

when I got RFE to prove the Educational evidence for the current position, I have worked with expertise professors and they reviewed my experience letters and they confirmed that even though I have not done my bachelors in Computers, based on my experience and my PGDCA, they gave me a combination of Pharmaceutical IT degree which is equal to the us bachelors degree. that's how I got my RFE cleared.

Now my Q is when we go to H1B stamping what are the possible chances of the officer asking us regarding our education, he will ask only regarding the client or he can also ask about my bachelors and masters.

which place is better to go my case, India or Canada.

Replies are greatly appreciated!!!!

If you go to Canada and it is rejected, you will have to go to India before reentering the US. If you are indeed qualified, you will get stamping in India. The only reason to look for an alternate location is if you are not and hope that VO will not understand the qualities of various Indian educational institutions and degrees.

Archived