PLS ADVICE: Approved I-797 (non-profit), transfer to private sector (aso approved I 797) after travel!

ramki22

Hi! 

My employer is a non-profit organization (university) and last year I started on a H1B with them. I havent been to outside USA since then, so my visa is not stamped yet. Last month I got an offer from a private firm who agreed to wait till December for my joining and also got their H1B approved (within the CAP!!).

QUESTION: I want to GO TO India (home country) in August-September and use the University approved I-797 to get a Visa stamp (as it seems is easier to get a stamp on university H1B).

- After that I plan to come back to USA on the University H1B and then after I come back I plan to start immediately with the private firm (after resigning from the Univ Job). CAN I DO THAT ?

My University boss is OK with the plan but I have no Idea if that is legally possible???? 

Can I start Immediately with the private firm (who already have an approved H1B for me) after I come back to the USA on the University H1B? .. 

Please kindly advice 

Thanks 

Ramki

Archived