H1B approval from a University (Current employer) and a Private firm

sourojit

I am currently working in an University as a Postdoctoral Fellow. My present employer (The University) had filed for an H1 for me and just got it approved ( I was on a J1 prior to this). This H1B starts from July.

AT the same time, I had interviewed with a private company, who recently filed for a H1B and got it approved too (Lucky to be within the CAP!). The private employer's H1B starts from October.

Now my question is: If I accept the H1B from my current employer (The University) and then in a couple of months (Around Nov-Dec) go to my home country (India) -- and then come back with then get my University H1 visa stamped in India -- come back to the US with the H1B stamped  -- and then  can I then Join the private company directly (after IO come back and resign)? Since the private firm already have the approved H1B for me , can I just come back with my Univ. H1b and then resign from my present Job (The Univ.) and start working for the private firm? 

PLease Kindly Advice ..

What makes you think they company will wait for you? They may have an urgent project.Your character leaves a lot to be desired as you are also stringing your current employer along rather than being open about your plans. Oh - and it is illegal to enter with the approval notice of an employer for which you do not plan to work.

My "kindly advice" is to be an honorable individual.

I have a similar situation, although I already have a H1B from a non profit (for the past 3 years). Now I have an offer from a private firm who has agreed on a joining date of December. I plan to travel to my home country and come back to USA on my current visa (the University Visa). After I come back , can I start working for the private firm in December? (If I resign from my current employer). Since the Private firm H1B was considered under the CAP , its a new H1B... so will I need to file any forms or can I just start working for the Private firm immediately after I come back ?

Archived