So Confused even after getting my H1B approved :)

newy0rker

Hi all -

I have a few general questions.

My employer applied my H1B and it got approved in April. They have not give me my papers yet. They pay me $30 per hour.

I am already on a long term project with end client through a vendor ( My Employer > Vendor > End client).

Now here is the confusion,

A company (Indian Consulting Company - E-Verified) is ready to give me 80-20% Pay rate. (Vendor pays my current employer $65 per hour) so I will get $52 per hour (80% of 65) if I join the new employer.

Now one of the reason I want to change my current employer is they're asking me to pay them $1500 bucks CASH as H1B fees.

I need some experienced ones' advices on the following questions :)

- Shall I go for H1B transfer? if yes, shall I go for regular/premium processing?(Approved April 2013 only)

- Is there any chance of getting my H1B rejected? (I will be on the project with end client only, I already confirmed with the vendor too that they will work with my new employer)

- New employer also asking for $1500 for lawyer fees for H1B transfer. I know normally employers supposed to pay , but new employer is ready to pay 80% of my rate, so is it worth to pay $1500 to him, get H1B transfer done & start getting 52 bucks per hour?

Thanks in Advance :)

Now here is the confusion,

A company (Indian Consulting Company - E-Verified) is ready to give me 80-20% Pay rate.

There is no such thing for an H1.

What would you get on bench??? 80% of zero???

On H1, you ALWAYS have to get a salary. Any percentage can only be on top of that.

Don't get fooled by appeals to greed.

Good companies don't play this percentage game.

Archived