H1B Transfer Confusion

sahil.soni2409

Hi ,

I have applied H1B for under 2013-2014 fiscal year . I got selected in Lottery System . I am waiting for my H1B approval . Now my Question is :-

I have applied H1b through a Company A .

My friend told me there is lot of rejection from Company A.

Can i join Company B and get H1b Visa Stamping from other Company B ?

If yes then how can i get H1b Visa Stamping from other good Company ? What they and i need to do for this .

If not then what's the best way for me .

Thank in advance for your valuable time .

Can i join Company B and get H1b Visa Stamping from other Company B ?

If yes then how can i get H1b Visa Stamping from other good Company ? What they and i need to do for this .

If not then what's the best way for me .

You have to wait till your H1 is approved and after that comp B can file H1 transfer

You should have checked out the employer before agreeing to work for him.

Quit listening to rumors.

You may have a contract that would make you liable for damages if you fail to appear for work.

Since you do not even have an approval, you do not have H-1B and can do nothing yet.

Hi,

I am also sailing in the same boat. I just came to US 7 months back through company A. My visa is valid till Oct 2014. Now my client is not giving billing for me since March1. (but my Comp A is paying me salary), Due to billing factor, My comp is planning to send back to India. (few of my colleagues has been to sent to india, due to no projects). Now through company B(consultancy) I got job in client C. and asking me to join in 2 weeks. I have asked Company B, for some time, until I get H1 transfer to B. but not accepting and saying that, once I confirm offer they are going to start process...like LCA and H1 transfer.

I don't know whether I will be back to US if I go to India. So, I am planning to take chance and give official notice to my company A and join B.

Here B is saying that we will get vendor letter (there is one layer "D" between B and C).

Need your help in the following.

1. Am I taking risk to join B? Also I want to give official notice to A, instead of absconding, because I have been working 9 since years in this company, but I don't want to continue more in this company.

2. Will vendor letter and purchase order will be sufficient to join B.(B is saying that we can not expect client letter now, may we can try once we join and start working in C)

3. When I have asked B that if company C is not providing client letter, what we can do. He said, we can get mail proof from Company C about not providing the client letter. and also saying that USCIS will accept mails like these. Is it true?

To be frank I am searching for permanent jobs...but not getting calls....so I am forcibly taking this opportunity..

Please reply to my question..

Many thanks in advance..

KK..

Need your help in the following.

1. Am I taking risk to join B? Also I want to give official notice to A, instead of absconding, because I have been working 9 since years in this company, but I don't want to continue more in this company.

2. Will vendor letter and purchase order will be sufficient to join B.(B is saying that we can not expect client letter now, may we can try once we join and start working in C)

3. When I have asked B that if company C is not providing client letter, what we can do. He said, we can get mail proof from Company C about not providing the client letter. and also saying that USCIS will accept mails like these. Is it true?

1. Yes, that's risky. What if H1 transfer is rejected? You cannot go back your previous employer at that time

2. This is also risky. But their are few cases were petition was approved without client letter.

3. Same as 2. It all depends on how good the documentation is but again client letter is one of the req documents for H1.

I am just letting you know the worst case consequences. Because you cannot take risks with your life( H1).

Hi,

I believe i am on same boat . I am on L1B currently and selected in H1B Lottery . After H1B Approval will it safe for apply the H1b Transfer from a good company.

Can company A create any issue because of this ? How much time & efforts company B needs for file H1B Transfer .What the process to do this After H1B Approval .

• 1 month later...

Hi I have filed for an H1 transfer with a new employer.Now have made up my mind to stay with my current employer.My question is:

1)Can I continue working with my current  employer even if my petition is approved with new employer.

2)My visa with current  employer expires on Nov-2013.Do my current  employer need to file an extension or can I stay with the new approved petition of new employer(for example if petition get approved till 2015).

3)If my current  employer has to file a new extension will they be required to know about the transfer that I have made with new employer as I do not want them to be aware of the transfer.

Thanks

Hi I have filed for an H1 transfer with a new employer.Now have made up my mind to stay with my current employer.My question is:

1)Can I continue working with my current  employer even if my petition is approved with new employer.

2)My visa with current  employer expires on Nov-2013.Do my current  employer need to file an extension or can I stay with the new approved petition of new employer(for example if petition get approved till 2015).

3)If my current  employer has to file a new extension will they be required to know about the transfer that I have made with new employer as I do not want them to be aware of the transfer.

Thanks

1. If you are still working, then you can

2. Yes, you need new petition for ext.

3.I am not sure, but I don't think its a big deal.

Archived