Time required for premium processing of H1 transfer

ragarwal@gmail.com

Hi,

I am currently working for Company X and have received an offer from Company Y. Company Y is inisiting on me joining them once they get the receipt number. I have told them that I will join them only after H1B is approved (and they have told me categorically that they will process the H1 transfer in premium).

I would like to know what is the maximum time frame for knowing the final status if H1 transfer is filed in premium.

Regards,

Ram

Premium Processing Service provides expedited processing for certain employment-based petitions and applications. Specifically, USCIS guarantees15 calendar day processing to those petitioners or applicants who choose to use this service or USCIS will refund the Premium Processing Service fee. The 15 calendar day period will begin when the Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service, is received by USCIS at the correct filing address noted on the form. USCIS will issue an approval notice, a denial notice, a notice of intent to deny, a request for evidence or open an investigation for fraud or misrepresentation within the 15 calendar day period. If the petition or application requires the submission of additional evidence or a response to a notice of intent to deny, a new 15 calendar day period will begin upon receipt by USCIS of a complete response to the request for evidence or notice of intent to deny.

No more than 15 business days. My petition with California center was approved last week in just 4 days. My petition last year with Vermont Center was approved in 9 days.

If you receive an RFE, the 15 day period will be reset once your attorney submits the required evidence.

Archived