H1B - Cap Exepmt ? or New H1b.. Help/Suggestion plz.

msrk05

Hi,

in 2008 my H1b got approved and I got my stamping done in late June 2010(3 months before my h1b expires), however I did not go to USA as employer told that the job client offered is not avialble as to get Visa stamping they took ~3 weeks.

Now a new company/employer is willing to offer me a job my question is

does my situation needs a new/fresh H1B as part of CAP for 2012? and wait till April/May 2012?

or, as I already have my H1b Visa stamped(not used though) can I file for H1B ext in premium processing and get the H1B approval then go to Visa Stamping again?

Appreciate your help..in this regards

Assuming that you are in india...

A New employer will file H1 B Petition for you and since you were already counted towards the CAP your petition would be CAP EXEMPT, so your new employer can file your H1 petition anytime now... they dont have to wait till April 2012.

Now once USCIS receives your peitition they will process it and approve it, since you are in india, they will Notify the Consulate that they have approved your petition and you will have to go again to the consulate for H1-B stamping will all the paperwork like offer letter, I-129, LCA etc...

The above all is assuming that your employer is legit and not consulting...because that can complicate things....

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Archived