H4 in USA received overcrowding notice

smitap

Hi,

I am holding H1B and entered US in may 2024.My husband came in august. I am in a 654 Sqft apartment. Lease has mine and my friend name. But my friend left to India in June 2024. We have 2 kids. So currently it’s me, my husband and 2 kids.

Our downstairs neighbor complained to apartment admin that we are constantly walking and stomping and making noise. Infact the apartment is very old and for a normal walk, floor makes creeping noise.

when apartment did not take any action on my neighbor complaint, they complained that we are overcrowded. Now we have got a notice from apartment “Notice to cease “.

Apartment people are not even coming and inspecting the floors to figure out the exact issue. We are not stomping or making any noise intentionally. We are walking normally.

The neighbor bangs on walls for each step we take in the house, stares at kids, slams their front door when we get down the stairs.. we have literally lost peace of mind due to this.

We tried to talk to them and get it resolved. But the day we spoke , they were good.. but from next day started to bang walls.. 

My husband’s return tickets were already booked for Nov 2024.

Question:  Since the issue is with floor and apartment is not helping much, what could we do? What happens if the neighbor complains again ? We are worried.. please guide