Dropbox ques

AnonymousBA

Both H1B & H4 visa holders are in US but stamping (for company A) got expired in May 2024, in the meantime H1B holder switched jobs to Company B. Now H4 holder wants to visit India but H1B holder cannot due to Project timelines. I have 2 questions: 

1. Will dropbox appointment suffice to get stamping done or we have to go for Visa interview since I changed employers. 
2. Can H4 holder travel alone for Dropbox with approved I-797 along with other documents? since H1B holder have expired stamping or do they need to be present too? 

Hoping someone with similar experience can share some information. Will be of great help, Thank you!! 

The H4 applicant can still apply for the visa even if the H1B worker is remaining in the U.S. They just need to bring their marriage certificate, their spouse's H1B approval notice and recent paystubs to show they are still working. Generally if the last visa was issued within the last 4 yours, you are eligible for dropbox.