Can spouse travel outside USA while H4 EAD is in progress and come back to USA once H4 EAD is approved.

Hi Team,

I am on H1-B with Approved I-140. My wife is on H4 currently valid till Jan 2025. She has visited USA on Apr last week 2024 and have filed her H4-EAD for the first time on 23rd May(Have not received receipt number yet).

1. Unfortunately her leaves are exhausted and she will have to travel back to india to report back to work. Can she travel to India while H4 EAD approval in progress and come back to USA once EAD is approved? She will stay in india until ead is approved. I as a primary applicant can take care if there are any RFEs? Also she will travel back for a week or so if USCIS asks for biometrics. 

a. If No, Can i apply for my H1 extension+her H4 extension + her h4-ead all together now in premium processing and get all of them approved in premium?

If i apply for another h4ead along with H1+H4 extension what will happent to my previously applied H4 EAD on 23rd May 2024.

b. If Yes, is advance payroll required to travel? 

Thanks

Harish

Edited by Harish007
Add more detailed information