Location closure impact on PERM

Hi team,

I have my current H1b expiring on October 14th 2025, now my PWD and recruitment step is done and about to apply my PERM, meanwhile my employer is planning to close the local regional office in dallas and planning to either have a new office location or a weWork location with in the dallas metropolitan. Now my employer is saying they will go ahead and apply for PERM so that this can be used to get a one year extension after 8 months but this PERM cannot be used to apply for i-140 , in parallel my employer has said they will be starting a new PERM process from the beginning (PWD, recruitment) with the new office location and this will be used in future for applying i-140. Is this a good option , are there any loop holes or bottlenecks which i need to be aware of. What are the other options? . As per what I read the location change if with in the MSA should not impact PERM process, is my understanding correct?