H1b Amendment on Hold for Security Check

vij124656

Hi All,

I have filed my H1b amendment on July 2017 and it was showing case received till Feb 20 - 2018 then my attorney raised a SR as it's out of normal processing time and got response from USCIS saying "we placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending, Until we receive these results of security checks we cannot move forward on your case, We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case". 

But still my case is in process and no update after Feb-20-2018.

Please advise if any one had gone through such scenario's.

Thanks in Advance.

Unfortunately, security clearance cases are tough to deal with. USCIS takes security checks pretty seriously.

This does not mean that anything is wrong with your profile or application. But simply that USCIS is waiting for the result from a different agency.

Even if you upgrade it to Premium, the case may NOT receive a result within 15 days as it is waiting for 'Security clearance'.

As per my information, if you still have time to wait i.e. you still have time till your i94 expires, you can wait.

And wait up-to 240 days after i94 expiry.

But, if your i94 has already expired and your are reaching the 240 day limit, you should contact your local congress man/representative.

They usually help with these kind of cases get a response from USCIS faster than usual.

2 hours ago, Anil Gupta said:

Unfortunately, security clearance cases are tough to deal with. USCIS takes security checks pretty seriously.

This does not mean that anything is wrong with your profile or application. But simply that USCIS is waiting for the result from a different agency.

Even if you upgrade it to Premium, the case may NOT receive a result within 15 days as it is waiting for 'Security clearance'.

As per my information, if you still have time to wait i.e. you still have time till your i94 expires, you can wait.

And wait up-to 240 days after i94 expiry.

But, if your i94 has already expired and your are reaching the 240 day limit, you should contact your local congress man/representative.

They usually help with these kind of cases get a response from USCIS faster than usual.

Thanks Anil Gupta for your response- this is for H1b Amendment, i have my H1 valid till Sep 2019 and have visa stamped can i travel to India for a short trip during this time..

Archived