Toronto Dec 31 Experience

shrawn

My visa interview was scheduled on Dec 31 and I arrived in toronto on Dec 30 and stayed at sheraton center Toronto hotel, its around 450 meters from the consulate. The next day my interview was scheduled at 8:00AM. Its really cold out there make sure to wear warm clothes. Smokers please dont take lighters( this is one of the things I did) .I stood in the line, then one lady checked my passport and appointemnt letter, was allowed inside where the security screend me. Then another person checked my photos and 797. Then another person put my documents into a file and allowed me inside where I stood in a line. I was called to the counter and this officer checked my 797 and photos and wrote PIMS on my appointment letter meaning PIMS was updated . checked my photos and said these photos are too bright could you get another set of photos, there was a photo booth inside the consulate which would cost 10 canadian dollar for photos. Make sure you carry 10 canadian $ with you just in case. If possible take two sets of photos that were taken in different shades of lights to avoid this. I took the photos and returned to the counter where the officer gave a token which had number on it. I then went and sat till my number was called, then my number was called and I had to give my finger prints there.After this comes the final step VO interview.My number was called again for VO interview. I went to the VO and the interview took place as follows

VO: Hello

ME:Hi

VO:So your employer is xxx

ME:Yes

VO:What does your employer do

ME: It is a service oriented software firm and it is mainly...(VO Interrupts and says okok)

VO:who is your client

ME:yyy (This is where the VO was convinced I guess)

VO:Oh The yyy is your client

ME:s

VO:typed something on his keyboard and asked did you come to this country on F1

ME:s

VO:I approve your H1B

ME:Thank you and have a happy new year

Then I got out of there took my phone and jacket and left the consulate.Interview took place for a minute I guess.

Bottom line is Be calm and concentrated.have all your documents and answers ready. In my case VO didnt ask a single document.

Also for people who dont have accomodation in Toronto contact this person Qhadeer dba.qadir@gmail.com. I was picked up from hotel the same day by this person and he provided accomodation which is decent and very cheap. also I had no commuting issues as he had car and used the services.

My interview was on Monday Dec 31 morning 8:00AM, Tuesday was a holiday and I got my passport on Thursday morning 8:00AM.

Best of luck to all who will be attending visa interview.

Archived