Toronto Jan 9th 221g Yellow slip....Help needed

rgaddam437

Me and friend had visa interview at Toronto today morning (Jan9th). I have been issued a 221g (yellow form) for further processing. They haven't asked many questions and also no documents were taken expect for the Resume. They also have returned my I-797. Not even single detail about my client or employer is asked. Now they have only my DS-forms and resume. I'm waiting for the email. Even my friend got 221g from the same person. He too got yellow slips. His case is just like me except they kept his I-797. More over other difference is on his yellow slip they have written batch number (924) but mine is empty. What does this no batch number on yellow slip mean? And why did VO returned my I-797? What is the main motive behind my 221g? I haven't received any mail today. Please let me if anyone has faced the same situation. What is the average time frame to get our 221g processed?

VO is young looking Chinese origin guy in his thirties. I'm the 2nd person. He issued 221g to 1st three persons (including me and my friend).

My Interview:

Me : Very Good morning VO

Vo: GM. How r u?

Me: I'm doing great. Hw abt u?

He asked me wait for couple of mins....he was trying to open something in the system. Took some help some from other chinese guy (he very cool guy...issued al the visas wit in 2 mins).

VO: How long have u been working with ur emp?

Me: since X yrs

was looking in to my details for several minutes

VO: wats ur major?

Me: XX

VO: Wats ur specialization?

Me: xx

asked more details abt the speclization

My major is electrical enigneering. I have answered his and corelated it to my present work

Asked for my resume...looked at it for couple mins again

Asked abt Research publcation. I said no and replied him that it is related to course work and master projects?

Took couple minutes again and issued 221g with a smiling face. I thought I almost got the visa...he didn't state any reason. Neither he asked for any documents...just gave me yellow slip without any batch number on it. Also he returned my I-797 to me. Same is the case with my friend except he also asked for client details for him.

Please help out and provide me ur valuable suggestion....thank u

Me and friend had visa interview at Toronto today morning (Jan9th). I have been issued a 221g (yellow form) for further processing. They haven't asked many questions and also no documents were taken expect for the Resume. They also have returned my I-797. Not even single detail about my client or employer is asked. Now they have only my DS-forms and resume. I'm waiting for the email. Even my friend got 221g from the same person. He too got yellow slips. His case is just like me except they kept his I-797. More over other difference is on his yellow slip they have written batch number (924) but mine is empty. What does this no batch number on yellow slip mean? And why did VO returned my I-797? What is the main motive behind my 221g? Ihaven't received any mail today. Please let me if anyone has faced the same situation. What is the average time frame to get our 221g processed?

VO is young looking Chinese origin guy in his thirties. I'm the 2nd person. He issued 221g to 1st three persons (including me and my friend).

What does that batch number indicates? I was given a 221g Yellow slip on 10th Dec, and its been exactly a month but I haven't heard a word about my application. I was given a batch number. Can anyone tell me about batch number?

even I'm not sure wat this batch number abt? Batch number 529 is wirtten on my frineds yellow slip and nothing is wirtten on my. Please can anyone tel wat this bacth number is abt (different numbers)? @Mane, did u get ur 221g at toronto? Whr r u staying right now? Looking for accomodation. Pls let me know if u know anyone.

Friends,

When I searched for 221g case status update report, the chennai consulate has the following link:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/201202/January2013/adprocases20130111.pdf

Please refer: http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/221g-administrative-processing.html

The above PDF (on demand) report does not look like it is specific to chennai consulate. See if this information helps.

Note: In my case, I did not receive any batch number.

even I'm not sure wat this batch number abt? Batch number 529 is wirtten on my frineds yellow slip and nothing is wirtten on my. Please can anyone tel wat this bacth number is abt (different numbers)? @Mane, did u get ur 221g at toronto? Whr r u staying right now? Looking for accomodation. Pls let me know if u know anyone.

Yes i got 221g @ toronto and since then just waiting n waiting. Haven't got any emails or any word from employer regarding any communication. There was anothg guy who got 221 on the same day and he got an email to submit PP on 4th Jan and he is back to US. I am not sure what is taking so long for my case :( It is hell frustrating. I am renting a small basement room on weekly basis and have been extending by the end of every week. I got this from roomorama dot com. This website provides nightly/weekly/monthly basis rentals. Also this guy lives in Scorborough who have a room for sharing for H1b visa guys: dba dot qadir at gmail dot com

• 2 months later...

Archived