Vancouver Admin Processing resolved

sam1983

So I had been interviewed by an old lady on counter #6 on 12/10/2012 and put me under administrative processing without asking any documents and case number.

Neither my employer nor my client ever been contacted for any kind of verification.

On Dec 20th, I received email saying they are done with administrative processing and in middle of visa processing. Please come pick up your passport on 12/27/2012.

Today 12/21/2012 I checked my application status here and shows the visa has been issued. (https://ceac.state.g...YzCYubaSQI+RA==)

Thinking nothing to loose, went there and asked for my passport and got it.

One more important thing. consulate has diff departments for 221g and admin processing so I would suggest to send an email to all ID's if you don't know where your case fall into.

General : vancouverniv @ state dot gov

Fraud Protection Unit vancouverfpu @ state dot gov

Admin processing unit vancouverap @ state dot gov (mine one was vancouverap)

Timeline:

Interviewed 12/10/2012 Given Admin processing, no case number

Email 12/20/2012 Admin process complete, please collect your passport on 12/27

Passport picked up 12/21/2012

Since 221g and admin process are resolves so quickly here compared to other consulates, Vancouver is definitely a cool place for visa stamping if you have all your documents lined up.

Reach me on crackjack2011 at gmail dot com if you have any question that I could solve.

Best of luck guys.

@Sam,

Glad your query was resolved so fast.. Congrats.

Do you know anything about 221G issued because of taking cash advance from employer? . I heard someone got 221G last week in Vancouver because of this issue.

I am in same situation and I have visa stamping on Dec 28th. Although I made all travel arrangements, after hearing abt this issue, I am mostly planning to cancel my appointment.

@Sam,

Glad your query was resolved so fast.. Congrats.

Do you know anything about 221G issued because of taking cash advance from employer? . I heard someone got 221G last week in Vancouver because of this issue.

I am in same situation and I have visa stamping on Dec 28th. Although I made all travel arrangements, after hearing abt this issue, I am mostly planning to cancel my appointment.

I have not heard of any cases like that.

I believe your employer can give you the best reply.

Best of luck.

• 3 years later...
I had H1B visa extension interview in Vancouver on 24 June 2016, still in Administrative processing. Straight forward case with no issues- all documents are clear (3 years ago I had my interview at this same place and got the passport back in 2 days without any issues. I was with the same employer last time as well - EVC)

This time the interviewer gave me a letter - "DS-160 is incomplete; make necessary changes & submit". He did not check any of my documents after asking me if I am with same employer (checked  the basic documents) and told me to wait for their e-mail.

This is the letter he gave me, can someone please let me know if this is 221g as his does not have a case number?

He took my passport, I797 and asked how many days it took last time to get the passport back. I told two and he told it will take more time now as they will have to do Administrative processing.

He did not allow me to ask any more questions and kept on repeating to "wait for their e-mail".

There is another guy working for my employer with exactly same case as mine, he was asked for client letter and was put in administrative processing by the same guy who interviewed me.

Please let me know your views. 

Archived