H1B 221 g yellow slip toronto Nov 26

w103imk

HI W103imk

Can you please explain your interview . I am planning to go for interview and it will be helpful for every one who is going .

And in your case .probably they will send an email to your client will the set of questions they send to every one. Once your client responds if you dont have any other issues you should get it in 2 to 3 weeks. Be prepared to stay for some time.

The officer asked me questions

1)how long in the US

2) whom do you work for

3) what in the world do they do

4) what do you do

5) explain what do you do

6)who is the client

7)where do you work at

8)client side or where

9) ask for the petion file and payslips

10) ask why the payslips hours dont match the actual pay

i replied saying my salary is fixed and it does not depend on the hours after sometime

he said we need futher review on this case and gave me a yellow form saying we may contact you.

i dont know what are my chances now.

• 2 weeks later...

All - I wanted to share my story with you since I got a lot of information from this post.

I had visa appointment on October 9th (Tuesday) in Tornto. third H1 B extension (already have approved I-140). I work for a reputed Big 5 consulting firm.

Visa officer asked me about my thesis in Masters (done about 8 years ago) and i worked on sensor networks., I told her that I just worked on analyzing the data from these sensors. she said that everything looked good and recommending me for the visa but need to get admin processing done. Gave me 221g yellow. she said that it would take three weeks for me to get a reply.

I got an email from them on November 6th (which was about 27 days). Email didn't say that my visa was approved but asked me to submit my passport to process my application. I submitted it on November 8th and I got my passport back with visa on November 14th.

As per my research (including my conversations with my company legal staff), 221g is very common and most of the people get approved. In most cases it is a matter of 'when' not 'if'.

Good luck to you all.

hello all

My case update

date : 12/14/2012

i just got my passport stamped with my visa :-)

interview date : 11/26/2012

Embassy called client : 11/29/2012

Embassy mailed for extra documents: 11/29/2012

submitted the latest paystubs : 12/05/2012

clearance mail : 12/06/2012 , submitted by passport.

picked up passport from loomis location : 12/14/2012.

Thank you all for your udates . Please be patient and all is well.

Archived